NITI Aayog launches behaviour change campaign ‘Navigating the New Normal’
• NITI Aayog has launched a behaviour change campaign titled ‘Navigating the New Normal’ and its website to guide people to follow norms during the ‘Unlock’ phase of the c- 19, in order to contain the spread of the deadly virus.
• The campaign has been developed under the guidance of Empowered Group 6, constituted by the GoI, under the Chairmanship of NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
Maharashtra Govt introduced “Maha Parwana” plan to boost investment
• Maharashtra State Government has introduced “MahaParwana” plan to attract fresh investment in industries. This plan will offer incentives and a single-window clearance system.
• The companies with investment proposals for Rs.50 crore or more will get relaxation on getting clearances from multiple departments with assurance letters (Maha Parwana).
• These companies should apply at the Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment Facilitation Cell (MAITRI), single window system and get online permission within 48 hours.
VaYu, World’s first yoga University outside India inaugurated in Los Angeles
• The world’s first yoga university outside India has been launched in Los Angeles, as a part of the 6th International Yoga Day commemorations.
• The University has been named as Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU), and will offer programmes that combine scientific principles and modern research approaches to the ancient Indian practice of yoga.
• VaYU will offer online graduate programmes based on scientific principles and modern research approaches to yoga.
• Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana(SVYASA) is the world’s first yoga university, set up in Bengaluru, India.
Rahul Dravid beats Sachin Tendulkar in Wisden India’s poll
• According to a poll conducted by Wisden India, Rahul Dravid is the greatest Indian Test batsman of all time. Dravid beats Sachin Tendulkar by a narrow margin of votes in the final round of voting. Dravid got 52 percent of the votes. Dravid saw off Tendulkar within the final round of the voting by a narrow margin despite trailing at 42 per cent.
• The poll initially had 16 Indian batting greats, with Sunil Gavaskar and ViratKohli being the 2 others to possess made it through to the ‘semi-finals’. Gavaskar beat Kohli within the ‘third-place play-off’ by a narrow margin.
India slips down at 77th place in accounting money in Swiss banks
• Swiss National Bank (SNB) has released ‘Annual banking statistics, 2019’. According to the latest SNB data, India has moved down three places to 77th rank in terms of money parked by its citizens.
• However, many neighbouring countries are below India in the list. Among them, Pakistan is ranked 99th, Bangladesh 85th, Nepal 118th, Sri Lanka 148th, Myanmar 186th and Bhutan 196th.
Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day: 27 June
• The United Nations Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day is held on June 27 since 2017 to celebrate the work of MSME in local and global economies and their contribution to sustainable development.
• 2020 Theme is “C-19: The Great C- 19 and its impact on Small Business“